Table Mountain Hiking Trail (Hoerikwaggo), Table Mountain, Cape Town, South Africa
- Duration: 2 days, 2 nights
- Distance: 18,5 kilometres (11,5 miles)
- Day 1: 9,5 kilometres (5.9 miles), approximately 6 hours)
- Day 2: 9 kilometres (5.5 miles), approximately 6 hours )
Cape Town is the oldest city in South Africa. Here you will find history, ancient architecture and many cultures. Attractions include Table Mountain, shy and dainty antelope species, rich plant-life and bird-life, different coloured rock formations and other wonders of nature.
The Table Mountain Hiking Trail offers a cable car ride to the top of Table Mountain (weather permitting) and ends in the world famous Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. Enjoy 2 nights in luxurious accommodation in Table Mountain National Park. The first night you will stay on the slopes of Table Mountain, the second night you will rest on its top.
Do this Table Mountain hiking trail in style with only your thoughts and the scenery to concern you. This guided and portered 2 day hiking trail has one trail guide per 8 hikers plus a lead guide. You need to be fit and able to manage steep inclines for this Table Mountain hiking trail.
Please Note: There are 2 four-sleepers and 4 two-sleepers in each overnight facility. This means that you need to book for 2 or 4 people. Please also note that this hiking trail is not catered.
The route described below is weather permitting. On days that are too windy, rainy or misty the cable way is closed and alternative routes will be taken. The alternate routes are scenic in their own right and still showcase the many wonders of Table Mountain National Park.Click here for more Hoerikwaggo Hiking Trail Information
Arrive at Platteklip Wash House, Table Mountain, Cape TownArrive at Platteklip Wash House on the slopes of Table Mountain, Cape Town, South Africa. This is your 1st overnight accommodation. The check-in time is 15:00pm. (Arrangements can be made with our office for late arrivals).
Day 1: Wash House - Top Of Table Mountain, Cape Town
- 06h30 to 07h30: Breakfast (times may vary to accommodate earlier or later departure)
- 08h00: Gather for departure to the Lower Cable Station, Table Mountain
- 09h00: Cable car ride to the top of Table Mountain (weather permitting). Alternative routes in the event of the cable car not operating)
- 10h00: Depart from the Upper Cable Station on top of Table Mountain for a 'walk in the park' across the flat top to McClear's Beacon (the highest point in the Table Mountain chain)
- 12h30: Lunch at McClear's Beacon
- 13:15h00: Depart for your overnight accommodation at the Overseers Cottage
- 16h30: Arrive at Overseers Cottage, your second night accommodation
Day 2: Table Mountain - Kirstenbosch Gardens, Cape Town
- 07h00 to 08h00: Breakfast (times may vary to accommodate earlier or later departure)
- 08h15: Gather for departure for a 'walk in the park' across the back of Table Mountain
- 12h00: Return to Overseers Cottage
- 12h15: Lunch
- 13h00: Gather for your departure to Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens
- 14h00: Arrival at Kirstenbosch Botanical Gardens. Trail ends here.
- This Table Mountain hiking trail is not catered
- A cash bar is provided at both overnight lodges
- Tea coffee or bottled water is provided free of charge
- Transport to the city centre can be arranged should you require it
What to take:
- Food and beverages
- A hat and sunscreen
- Binoculars and camera
- Good hiking shoes and warm socks
- Wet weather gear: a good raincoat
- Clothing for warm and cool weather
- A book to relax with in the evenings
- A small suitcase with your clothes and toiletries
- A comfortable daypack for water, snacks and rain gear
|Rates / Prices||Departure Dates||Reservations||Enquiries / Questions|