Diving and observing Great White Shark from such close quarters has got to be one of the most thrilling experiences in the world.
Under the right conditions and with the right guidance, Shark Cage Diving proves to be a memorable and rewarding experience, guaranteeing your return in the future with a great love and respect for the king of the deep.
There are two shark area's near Cape Town - Simon's Town and Gansbaai. During the Summer (October-January), it is recommend to go shark cage diving in Gansbaai instead of Simon's Town. During the Winter high season, Simon's Town (Seal Island, False Bay) is the better location.
Simon's Town Shark Cage Diving Highlights
- Small groups of 8-12 people only, and 4 crew members.
- No diving experience necessary.
- Only 2 at a time in the shark cage.
- Accredited by "Fair Trade in Tourism" as ethical and socially responsible
- Experience Shark cage diving and breaching all on one trip
- False Bay is home to the breaching great white sharks