Cape Town is a dream tourist destination and one of the top destinations in the world. Activities abound in this spectacular city, with scenic attractions, activities and adventures catering to young and old.
What are the must see attractions in Cape Town?
- The Castle of Good Hope - a historical Cape Town monument
- Kirstenbosch Botanical Garden - home to diverse flora
- Robben Island - historical island where Nelson Mandela was imprisoned
- Rhodes Memorial - Built in recognition of the contributions of Cecil John Rhodes to the Southern African region.
- Bo-Kaap - A cultural and colourful Muslim neighbourhood, popular for film locations and delicious Malay cuisine
- South African Parliament - Cape Town is the legislative seat of South Africa
- Two Oceans Aquarium - An excellent modern aquarium.
- Victoria and Alfred Waterfront - A huge shopping and entertainment area at the slopes of Table Mountain, next to the harbour
What are the must-do activities in Cape Town?
- Cable Car to the top of Table Mountain - a must for any visitor to Cape Town
- Cape Peninsula - A breathtaking stretch that is not to be missed
- Swimming - Beaches in Cape Town are world class and the main reason visitors come to this city.
- Surfing - Cape Town is one of the best places to surf.
- Winelands - The Winelands offers some of the most picturesque sceneries, not to mention delicious food and world famous wine tasting.
- Whale Watching - Experience the thrill of seeing a majestic Southern Right Whale in the bay or from a boat at close quarters.
What can I buy when shopping in Cape Town?
The Victoria and Alfred is the most popular and tourist designed shopping destination, offering a myriad of exclusive, high class boutiques, restaurants, cafes, and curio shops. For more authentic shopping experience, Greenmarket Square is a great place to find curios and local art, as well as the trendy Long Street.
Where can I go shopping in Cape Town?
As in any large city you will find a number of major shopping malls - Cape Town is known for having superb shopping malls - the biggest and most popular are listed below:
- Victoria & Alfred Waterfront
- Canal Walk
- Cavendish Square
- Constantia Village
- Bayside Centre
- Tyger Valley